Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Arugula for breakfast?

We woke up this morning and the other Mama was not feeling so well so we decided to make a "super green smoothie" for breakfast. Usually, this means an assortment of fruits and ice, juice and kale. Today, we had no kale, but we had arugula. So in it went...along with some frozen berries, some blueberry keifer, a banana, ice, and a splash of oj. It was nice and cold, very berry tasting with a hint of peppery freshness. And who knew the kids would eat arugula for breakfast?

*note the awesome Mrs. & Mrs. cups we were gifted by my sister-in-law. I love them!

a liquid breakfast (hahha, get it?)


Then I packed a lunch (nothing better than pb & j to make me feel on mommy duty again!) to take to my workout time. The kids had their first stay in the childcare at the gym and we went for a swim in the pool after my muscle class which left me noodly and dreaming of the perfect beach body that is sure to follow...haha


While I packed lunch, the kids played cards together. It was peaceful and quiet and so nice. This summer thing is going well so far.


So, at the end of the day...time for a new bedtime ritual. A half hour in bed doing a quiet activity before the Moms come in to do our regularly scheduled cuddle time. (In theory, this is when I do the blog entry. However, just as I got into it, we were bum rushed, two kids in our bed with books in hand, asking for story and my new plan had to be redirected. Oh well, this is a liquid summer after all, so I will flow with it!

2 comments:

  1. beautiful! so nice to be in the flow! i'm noodly over here too...love those ice cream smiles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE THIS!!! :) Looks like a beautiful start to a fabulous summer!

    ReplyDelete